Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More and more independent

"I can do anything that's everything all on my own!" is Marissa's favourite phrase now.... thanks to Lola of Charlie & Lola (book series by award-winning author & illustrator Lauren Child. She wants to be more and more independent. Feeds herself most of the time..... climbs up stairs on her own.......  but she doesn't want to go to sleep on her own!

She is officially weaned from nen-nen cos she's a 'big girl' now. She doesn't wake up for night feeds any more (although she does wake up crying at night needing a little comforting in the form of me patting her back to sleep). So, I devised a plan to help her get used to sleeping on the pull-out bed in Evan's bedroom.

Not too difficult - bought a Hello Kitty pillow and bolster for her and that very night itself, she slept in her 'new big bed' and she has been doing so ever since!  Photo above shows Marissa taking her afternoon siesta.

1 comment:

A Mom's Diary said...

I'm still stuck with my two girls on the king bed - with hubby on the floor :-)